Łukasiewicz Research Network – Automotive Industry Institute is a part of the third largest network of research institutes in Europe – Łukasiewicz Research Network.
In general, the Institute performs scientific, research, and development work in the field of automotive industry problems.
The basic Institute’s activities are conducted in the field of natural sciences, engineering, and biotechnology and they include:
- Carrying out of scientific studies and research and development work;
- Adaptation of outputs of the scientific studies and research and development work to practical application needs;
- Implementation of outputs of the scientific studies and research and development work.
Łukasiewicz – Automotive Industry Institute organises and holds scientific conferences and seminars and conducts educational and supplementary training activities, inclusive of driving school activities, specialistic training, and various forms of continuing education. Driving lessons for people with disability of various types are also provided.
Łukasiewicz – Automotive Industry Institute services are directly provided for such clients as:
- Manufacturers and importers of vehicles, vehicle components, and parts thereof;
- Schools of higher technical education;
- Businesses of the sector of small and medium-sized enterprises;
- State administration units;
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs);
- People with disability of various types.
Indirect consumers of Institute’s products are all vehicle users.
Mission of the Łukasiewicz – Automotive Industry Institute
The Łukasiewicz – PIMOT mission is to provide Polish entrepreneurs (chiefly of the transport, fuels, and renewable energy sources sectors) with strong scientific and research support in the processes of product development and introduction of the products into world markets.
Łukasiewicz – PIMOT offers substantive technical support to the state administration bodies that pursue strategic objectives related to transport safety, environmental protection, and energy security of the country.
Vission of the Łukasiewicz – Automotive Industry Institute
PIMOT is a professional, reliable, and economically efficient research and development unit (having modern infrastructure and state-of-the-art research facilities and equipment), The scientific and research potential of the Institute and the competence and skills of its highly specialised scientific, engineering, and technical staff are comparable with those of other European research and development centres.